2017-18 Season Schedule
The 2017-18 League Schedule is now posted!
In an effort to grow the league the Vancouver Island Men’s League Executive has approved a transition model to work towards self-sufficient competitive and recreational leagues. This season the league will feature a few rounds of games against the UVic Vikes men’s field hockey team to supplement games in the Competitive Division. In addition, clubs will play inter-club matches on weekends they would normally have a bye.
Outcomes of the AGM determined:
- There are no games on October 8, and each recreational team has 1 bye week.
- The recreational teams will have 4 rounds of games, plus 3 inter-club matches in the first half season.
- The competitive teams occasionally play on Thursday nights versus the Vikes.
- Number of weeks = 12
- Recreational games/team (Hawks, Rebels 2, Marauders) = 11
- Competitive games/team: Tigers = 14; Mutineers = 14; Rebels 1 = 13; Vikes = 8
Team Compositions will be shared amongst clubs/affiliates and will have:
9 Competitive Designated players (must play 60% of games and can not play in Recreational division)
Competitive Undesignated players (can play in either division)
Recreational players (typically solely recreational but can play up as needed)
Please see attached, updated Rules & Regulations which will come in to play this Fall season.
If you have any questions, please contact Mark Baggott (email@example.com)
The document League_Rules_August_2017.pdf was attached to this post.